Covid-19 Restrictions & Vaccination Passports
Proof of Covid 19 – Vaccination passports will be required in accordance with the NSW Public health order
This will be applicable to those over the age of 16 without a medical exemption.
We understand that this is upsetting for some people, we hope for your understanding in these trying times.
Unfortunately, those who are over the age of 16 or without a medical exemption will be refused to participate in any horse riding activities if they are unable to show proof of their Covid-19 Vaccination pasport.
Participants with a Medical exemption will be required to show proof of their COVID-19 digital certificate.
Cancellation and Refunds
Refunds will not be granted on the day of your horse riding activity. For more details on cancellations & refunds please see refunds policy below or phone (02) 66871446.
Additional COVID 19 Restrictions
Please respect and adhere to Government regulations regarding COVID-19 When booking & participating in Horse-Riding activities.
- Please complete Forms & Waivers Online before arrival.
- Temperature testing will be a pre-requisite upon arrival, Anyone showing a temperature 38.0C or over will be refused to ride and will have to vacate premises immediately along with anyone who has had close contact with the individual. Please see Ride Refusal Policy below
- We will not be able to conduct any Horse -Riding activities for those who are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms or those who have been in contact with someone experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 Days.
- We will also not be able to conduct any horse riding activities for those who have travelled internationally or been exposed to a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- If you feel unwell during an activity please notify your guide immediately.
- Only essential Participants are to enter our facility’s.
- Riders will be required to vacate premises promptly after activities seize, this is to ensure staff have adequate time to implement hygiene procedures and maintain social distancing.
- Please be dressed in appropriate riding attire upon arrival to minimise the use of bathroom facilities.
- Use provided hand sanitizers upon entry & exit.
- Maintain social distancing of 2 meters where possible.
- Avoid physical contact as much as possible, for example, no shaking hands or other means of contact, no social gatherings.
Where are you located?
We have two locations!
Beach Rides Located: Old Minning Road, Lennox Head NSW 2478
All our other rides and services are conducted at our ranch nestled in the hills of Bangalow, Pegasus Park Equestrian Centre, 946 Friday Hut Rd, Binna Burra NSW 2479
What days do you operate?
We are open Mon- Saturday. Closed Sunday’s.
Due to local Council regulations, Beach Rides are available on weekdays only, excluding NSW public holidays.
What are your ride times?
Ride times vary daily, please Contact Us to obtain a ride schedule for your desired dates.
Participants are required to arrive 15 minutes before their booking time.
Please Remember we operate in the state of NSW. During October 4th 2020 – April 4th 2021 NSW runs on Daylights saving time, meaning NSW is 1 Hour ahead of Queensland time.
How do I make a booking?
You can Book Online or via phone (02) 6687 1446.
What if i don’t have a car?
We may be able to offer transport to you or your group for an extra fee. Transport is subject to availability, please Contact Us
Alternatively, for Taxis or Shuttles contact Go Byron
Buses can be an affordable option. Please be sure to discuss with staff before booking, you will require one of our staff to pick you up from the local bus stop as it is too far to walk to the ride meeting points.
Buses from Byron – Lennox Head & Bangalow, check out Blanch’s Bus Timetable
If you are planning on catching a bus please notify our staff and were we can we will arrange for you to be picked up from the bus stop
How many participants are in a group ride?
Group Rides run at a maximum of 8-10 riders. If you are looking to book a Private group of 5 or more riders please Contact Us
Do we need to have any riding experience?
Experience is not necessary. We will need to know some details like your age, weight, height & riding experience, so we can pair you with the right horse!
Beginner riders will be allocated a Lead-Line Guide. Riders who demonstrate competence from experience may be able to ride on their own after assessment from the head guide.
Please refer to the chart below-
1) Beginner: Never ridden a horse before.
2) Novice: Have ridden a horse at a beginner level.
3) Intermediate: Comfortable at trot and canter. Can rise to the trot.
4) Experienced: Comfortable at all gates and with a more spirited horse.
What pace will the ride be?
Rides are set at the pace of the least experienced group member.
Due to council regulations, beach rides are operated at the walk only.
Is there a minimum age?
Safety is a major concern we operate in line with NSW WH&S standards Children under 12 will be allocated a lead line guide, Those who demonstrate competence from previous experience may be able to ride off the lead under the direction of the head guide.
Do we ride for the whole 1 or 1.5 Hours?
Your ride will begin with a 15-20 minute Safety induction & meet and greet with your horse. During COVID-19 we ask that you please complete the required documents before arrival.
Can I Bring my own phone or camera on the ride to take photos?
Unfortunately, you cannot take photos whilst riding or being mounted on the horse. However, one of our staff will take photos of your ride which will later be uploaded to our Facebook Page Horse-Riding Byron Bay. If you do not consent to this please notify our staff and we will arrange a method of delivery that suits.
Is there a maximum weight?
Yes, The maximum weight is 100kg.
What if i have a medical issue, can i still ride?
We are an inclusive community at Pegasus Park and we will do our very best to assist you where we are capable. If you have any medical issues, injuries, allergies, or disabilities, please Contact Us to discuss. In some circumstances, we may require a letter from your doctor, clearing you to ride.
What if a trip gets cancelled due to bad weather?
If we deem weather conditions to be dangerous or grounds to wet, we will cancel your ride and give you a full refund. If you have concerns about the weather conditions on the day of your ride or if you are travelling a long distance to get to us, please give us a call the day before departure.
Terms & Conditions
Participants are required to arrive 15 minutes before they’re booking time.
In the event where you are running late, we may not be able to wait for you. Refunds will not be available in this circumstance.
To ensure you arrive on time please consider-
- Daylights savings time difference. NSW Runs 1 hour ahead of Queensland time from October 4th 2020 -April 4th 2021.
- Ride location’s- Beach Rides are Located at Old Minning Road, Lennox Head NSW 2478.
All other rides and services are conducted at Pegasus Park Equestrian Centre, 946 Friday Hut Rd, Binna Burra NSW 2479.
- Traffic Delays particularly during peak hours and holidays seasons.
Ride Refusal Policy
Please note in the event of refusals’, refunds will not be granted. Please ensure you read and agree to the terms and conditions below.
Refusal due to riders displaying cold/flu-like symptom’s
Due to COVID-19, we have had to take extra precautions, anyone who is showing cold or flu-like symptoms or has a temperature of 38.0C and above will, unfortunately, be refused to ride along with those in their personal group and will incur the full coast of they’re booking.
Participants who are experiencing cold/flu-like symptoms are required to give a minimum of 12 hours’ notice of cancellation to receive a refund.
Refusal Due to inappropriate riding attire
For health and safety reasons participants are required to wear appropriate riding attire including.
Long sleeve shirt or T-shirt
No crop tops or bikinis
Closed in shoes with a narrow toe & Small heel i.e., riding boots or running shoes.
Thongs, sandals, high heels, wide toed work boots etc are not permitted!
Refusal due to inappropriate behaviour
Failure to comply with safety guidelines & instructions, displays of aggression or intoxication will result in ride refusal or immediate termination of your ride.
Refusal due to misleading information
We strive to deliver a safe and enjoyable horse riding experience for all. Participants must give a clear description of their horse riding experience upon booking so we can plan the ride accordingly.
Participants who claim basic competence should be able to at minimum display correct riding position, basic control over the horse including direction and pace and Read basic horse body language and behaviour.
In circumstances where participants have given misleading information or exaggerated their horse experience, not displaying this on the day and in the event where we do not have a suitable horse or an adequate number of instructors to cater for you, this may result in refusal of your ride and full booking fee incurred.
Cancellation & refund policy
For individual bookings and groups of up to 4 persons, we will fully refund any booking that is cancelled at least 48 hours before ride departure time. Cancellations within 48 hours of ride will incur the full cost of the booking.
Groups of 5 or more, will be fully refunded if a cancellation is made at least 5 days before the ride departure date. Group booking cancellation with less than 5 days notice, but more than 48 hours notice will incur a fee of 50% of the total cost of the booking. Cancellations within 48 hours of departure will incur the full cost for the booking.
Refunds will not be given to those who:
- Those who decide not to ride on the day. If you are unsure of the confidence or willingness of yourself or the participant you are booking for we recommend contacting one of our lovely staff to discuss the right experience for you!
- Those who cannot provide proof of Covid-19 Vaccination passport or medical exemption.
- Participants who are refused to ride.
- Those who fail to cancel a booking in the required time frame.
- Participants who miss, they’re booking time.